Thoughts on technology and innovation
Matt Rist, Director of Product Delivery
The 19th Seasonal Release of Nimble AMS is one of our most exciting releases yet. Summer '18 includes features that expand payment options, improve data privacy and protection, and expand the event management capabilities within Nimble AMS. We have also made several architectural improvements that pave the way for developers and admins to customize Nimble AMS to meet the unique needs of associations and their membership.
BluePay - Community Brands Preferred Partner
We are excited to announce that in the Summer '18 release we are now supporting the BluePay payment gateway. BluePay provides an extensive collection of out-of-the-box features that drive efficiency based on how you run your association, the expected assurance of payments protected by industry-leading security, and unmatched value. The experience is seamless, with technology that is a natural part of Nimble AMS and the convenience of working with a world class payment gateway. The BluePay payment gateway supports all payment processing functionality found today in Nimble AMS as well as new features like Level 2 and 3 credit card processing and automatic account updating for credit card stored payments.
Automatic Stored Payment Method Updates
With the BluePay payment gateway supporting Automatic Account Updating for Discover®, MasterCard®, and Visa® stored payment methods, we thought it would be a perfect time to introduce that added functionality as an option within Nimble AMS. With the Summer '18 release, you can now take advantage of the safe and easy updating of a constituent's stored credit card information when there are changes to the credit card account. When a credit card is stolen and replaced or when the card is reissued upon expiration, you can continue to receive payments and view updated payment information. We have enhanced the stored payment method functionality in Nimble AMS to update payment information on a stored payment method when processing a payment using that stored payment method. This ensures you will be able to view a constituent's most current payment information.
Level 2 and Level 3 Credit Card Processing
With the BluePay payment gateway supporting Level 2 and Level 3 credit card processing, we thought it would be a perfect time to introduce that added functionality as an option within Nimble AMS. With the Summer '18 release we now support Level 2 and Level 3 payment processing on MasterCard®, and Visa® for the BluePay payment gateway. By opting into this feature, additional transaction data is sent to the payment gateway for credit card processing. Utilizing this extra data in the credit card processing, your association will benefit by lower processing fees for MasterCard® and Visa® transactions.
Data protection and privacy is getting more attention in the software world and the European Union is leading the way with the new General Data Protection Regulation, in effect on May 25, 2018. The one overarching principle made clear in the opening sentence of the GDPR is: "The protection of personal data is a fundamental right." We anticipate over 80% of Nimble AMS customers will be affected by the GDPR as many are collecting, or have, data from European citizens. Now, both Salesforce and Nimble AMS are ready to help you put the right pieces in place in order to be compliant. It is important to keep in mind that Nimble AMS is only a piece of the puzzle when it comes to ensuring compliance with the GDPR.
Good logistics management is crucial to any successful function. With so many moving parts from audiovisual needs, to speaker handouts, to food and beverage service, it is essential that staff be able to keep track and deliver what is needed. As part of the Summer '18 release, logistics functionality delivers a streamlined setup process to track logistics across multiple events, sessions and exhibits. A list of commonly used logistic categories and items is included and your administrator can define additional categories and items as needed. Each logistic item leverages Salesforce Chatter, activities and timeline functionality. Detailed logistic reporting empowers staff, allowing them to quickly access logistic requirements for each room or the function overall as well as provide accurate, up to the minute printouts for staff and volunteers.
As you configure Nimble AMS to make it your own, we understand it is important to be able to customize Nimble AMS to fit your business process. With the Summer '18 release, administrators can now use business rules, which are controllable points within Nimble AMS that define or constrain some aspect of a technical process to match your business process. Business rules are made up of one or more evaluations you can configure in the Business Rules app to ensure your business process is followed within Nimble AMS.
A great application of business rules is within the access controls you use to personalize Community Hub.
Summer‘18 is full of exciting new features, and once again, we are revolutionizing revenue generation. We are so excited to expand our payment gateway options by partnering with BluePay. Together with Tools from Salesforce and Nimble AMS, associations will be ready for the GDPR to take effect. To learn more about everything Summer '18 has to offer go to help.nimbleams.com.
Matt Rist, Director of Product Delivery
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is an European Union (EU) data privacy regulation intended to give EU residents (including UK residents) more control of their data. The GDPR is scheduled to go into effect on May 25, 2018.
Your association is based in the United States, so why does GDPR affect you? Any organization collecting or processing data from an EU resident must be compliant. (For a detailed explanation of the GDPR and its regulations, please visit the GDPR homepage.)
We anticipate more than 80 percent of our customers will be affected by the GDPR.
Nimble AMS and achieving GDPR compliance
During Summer 2018, we are introducing new tools to help your organization on your journey towards GDPR compliance. There are four themes we have followed to offer the most robust solution for an AMS on the Salesforce platform.
Beth Farrar, Marketing Manager, Member Solutions, Community Brands
We recently uncovered technology drives member loyalty. This nugget came from our 2017 Community Brands Digital Member Study, which revealed a strong correlation between loyalty and technology. Members who see their organization as an early technology adopter are significantly more satisfied with their membership and feel more connected to their organization.
The study also found:
Knowing technology adoption and usage are at the forefront of the member experience, how can associations better align their technology strategies with what members are expecting?
Be one of the first to find out this Thursday, May 17, during our live webinar. Register here!
Sig VanDamme, Membership Software Evangelist, and Peggy Smith, Director of Product Marketing, will dig into the key findings to help you learn:
Sig VanDamme, Founder, Membership Software Evangelist
Do you love your association management software (AMS)?
If you said “no,” then it may be time for a change. With so many AMS platforms available today, it’s often easy to get caught up in all the bells and whistles the softwares claim to have.
But, it’s not only about the features, ease of use and efficiency. It’s also about positioning your association for the future with a technology platform and partner who exceeds member expectations.
At the end of the day, you want peace of mind your AMS is going to perform exactly how you need it to, while also providing a flawless member experience. You also want that member experience to be modern, innovative and forward-thinking, and to do that, your AMS needs to be modern and innovative.
Nimble AMS is that platform. Here are five things clients love about Nimble AMS:
1. Nimble AMS makes you look good.
Our infographic below gives some additional insight into these five things, and our recorded webinar, “5 Things Clients Love About Nimble AMS,” dives even deeper into these benefits.
You can view the webinar for free here.
EVP and GM of Partnerships, BluePay
Community Brands brings you this information from our partner, BluePay, which offers fast, easy and secure payment processing solutions to fit every organization’s needs. Whether a nonprofit or association, BluePay is the all-in-one credit card processing company for any business. This blog post first appeared on #Onward, the YourMembership blog.
Over the years, the Internet has provided great opportunities for nonprofits to increase brand awareness, recruit new members and raise funds for the causes they support. While this brings many advantages, there are also many challenges when it comes to making online payments for such things as dues or donations. Members want to be sure their sensitive payment details and personal data don’t end up in the wrong hands.
To reassure your patrons online payment environment is secure and trustworthy, here are five tips to help you protect your nonprofit’s reputation.
1. Familiarize yourself with fraud. It’s worth it for you and your staff to learn more about the different types of fraud affecting nonprofits, why it’s attractive to criminals, how it’s done, and how it can be stopped. The more you know, the better able you will be to identify suspicious activity and transactions, which can be shut down before they become a problem. And then it’s more likely you will discourage criminals from attacking your online payment system. Fraudsters keep coming with new cyber schemes, so make learning a continual process.
2. Become PCI compliant. To standardize the process of accepting, transmitting and storing payment data, the Payment Card Industry (PCI) created a set of regulations mandating all organizations to abide by rules to reduce fraudulent activity. This requires the annual completion of a self-assessment questionnaire. Remaining compliant with these guidelines is mandatory for all organizations handling credit card data of any kind.
3. Lockdown your equipment. You may be accustomed to leaving your desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone laying around to use at your discretion for processing memberships and donations. However, you are putting yourself and organization at great risk, especially if you start increasing your staff. Make sure every device is password protected, and regularly change passwords. Don’t give administrative access to just anyone. Educate staff on the need to protect their own devices, especially if they are given access to the network or cloud storage platform.
4. Don’t hang onto payment data. Storing any type of payment and credit card data on a database, network or cloud-based storage system is a compliance no-no, and makes data vulnerable to hacking. If you do experience a breach, it will be your responsibility in terms of fees, penalties and damages incurred from it. By using a hosted payment or donation form, you remove the sensitive payment information from your system and reduce your PCI risk.
5. Ramp up your security. Security for online payments is about building a fortress with numerous layers to keep the transaction data safe from being penetrated and stolen. Consider using encryption and tokenization, as well as a firewall, TLS certification and even fraud management tools. Both encryption and tokenization work to scramble the data and make it unusable to hackers should they get close to it. Fraud management tools can help you set parameters on your merchant account to prevent thieves from testing cards, making transactions from blocked countries, or charging amounts larger than permitted.
These security tips don’t require a significant financial investment. If anything, it’s more about your time and knowledge becoming critical to creating a safer online payment environment. This then allows you to take advantage of opportunities to grow your member base and increase donations.
To learn more about accepting payments within your software, contact a BluePay representative today!